Thursday, December 12, 2013

Watch out she is going to blow.

The mental health field is a joke.  A very sad, cruel joke.

I have e-mailed, called and texted Andrew's psychologist - two days in a row - once each medium.  No response.

I speak to the psychologist's scheduling person.

Girl:  "I'm sorry Dr. W....is out of the country and can't be reached."

Me:  "She is in CANADA....CANADA -- they have the same area code system and I'm pretty sure they speak English too."  When I lived in New York - I could see Canada from my back porch.

Girl:  "Well, yes but if she is seeing patients - it is hard for her to call back."

Me:  "She is at a seminar - not seeing patients - she doesn't have offices in Denver and Nova Scotia.  Are you kidding me?"

Girl:  "I'm sorry I use to be a patient...."

Me:  "Maybe you aren't ready for prime time..."  (I didn't say this I wanted to - oh God I wanted to...) -- I did say...."Listen, I know doctor's have lives - I get that - but the school is looking for input. My son has gone from doing okay -- to wanting to jump off a balcony, wanting to bolt and leave the school and today he is sitting under his desk.  I need to talk to somebody.  I give up on Dr. W - I'm calling the psychiatrist.  Thank you."  I hang up.

I called Dr. W the psychiatrist.  He is seeing us tomorrow.

It seems that the more mental health help Andrew gets - the worse he is.

The social worker at the school said he has had many ups since he has been here - but now he is in a downward spiral.

I am caught in that spiral and my heart is breaking.



6 comments:

Pam said...

Stupid Shits! and you can't fix stupid. Me thinks they are both in the wrong profession.

Love you xoxo

micaela said...

I am so sorry... Big hugs to both of you! I hope the psychiatrist can figure something out that will help in the short & long term. This is horrible for all of you.

Shelby Law Ruttan said...

So sorry to read this Jenny. I hope your appointment helps. hugs.

Winter Girl said...

I so hope that things start to improve soon. I think about you daily Jenny...hang in there.

Haeley said...

WOW! Sounds like a pretty stupid secretary because I am really hoping the psychologist isnt that dumb. Doesnt um, EVERY psychologist set up a system for notifications of patient emergencies? Isnt that like shrink 101? I get very frustrated with the help my son is not getting and sometimes I just want to have one of my "nuclear tart outs" (as my husband calls them) on any number of members of his "team". Pretty sure that someday I will, so far I have bitten my tongue. I give you credit for staying as calm as you do sometimes.

Haeley said...

WOW! Sounds like a pretty stupid secretary because I am really hoping the psychologist isnt that dumb. Doesnt um, EVERY psychologist set up a system for notifications of patient emergencies? Isnt that like shrink 101? I get very frustrated with the help my son is not getting and sometimes I just want to have one of my "nuclear tart outs" (as my husband calls them) on any number of members of his "team". Pretty sure that someday I will, so far I have bitten my tongue. I give you credit for staying as calm as you do sometimes.